Thursday, August 19, 2010

Wednesday, glad we're half way there!

So this has been interesting to say the least. Less conflicts around here between the kids, and overall a quieter demeanor. Have any of you been at a fair or on a holiday, where pretty much everything your kid wants, they get...Cotton candy, sure. Ride on that ride, sure. fries and your own drink, sure. I'm not sure about your house, but the day after we get off of one of these "whatever you want you can have" kind of days, man, am I sorry. The attitude of entitlement that exudes children is overwhelming at times.
How about me now...I can get home at the end of the day and have all sorts of "entitlements" as a dad, but really, I'm there to serve my kids...did I just say that?
Shoot, how can I get them to not read this blog...

Precious said yesterday that one lesson she'd learned this week is "get what you get and don't complain". She also said not having her toys this week and a mom who makes good food is something she appreciates.

Taylor has been taking caterpillars and they're now in cocoons, and we're excited to see Monarchs emerge...He's been missing his Remote Control Helicopter, variety of foods, time with friends, his mini bike, use of the phone whenever he likes, and lots of other things.

Mercy has been missing most of all her best friend Erin, and their often weekly get togethers. She is thankful for a vehicle to take her there or pick her up, the phone to talk to her friends, biking in town with mom, going to nana's and a lot more as well. She says she's thankful for how easy it is to do all these things.

Ethan...well Ethan will just be happy when someone lets him eat again! He is so used to snacking all day, which by the way, we advocate, as long as it's good food.

Laura was staring at me while eating our potato and peas last night...she said she was envisioning me with a hotdog bun around me...she's really craving some meat!

Kids and Laura did a lot of canning of apples yesterday, peeling, heating and freezing a ton of apples. They all had fun!

Overall, a good 3 days, although we're all boycotting a Saturday like this. What good are weekends without hanging with friends. (Laura is the only one holding out at this point)

I'm presently staring at my steamed broccoli and not wanting to eat it...makes me think of the gagging Ethan did as a baby when we gave it to him. lol. "thank you Lord for my boring, tasteless broccoli"

No comments:

Post a Comment