Friday, August 20, 2010

Thursday, good times as a family


Well, I don't have a lot to write. The day was pretty easy going, with the kids doing all sorts of outdoor stuff, reading, and playing games. In the evening we went for a walk as a family, which was good till Ethan, lacking energy without his 5 snacks a day, started to dwindle. Dragging foot after foot, sorrow all over his face, lying in the middle of the road saying "I just can't do it!". I told him to look in the ditch and he ran down there and all the way home. I don't know where he gets his drama from. (his mom, like people don't know)

In talking with Precious today, she said something strange. She said "i liked this week, as it was a lot of fun. There was way more stuff to do!" What!!! I told her there was way less to do, and she stared at me like I was loco. Doesn't that blow your mind parents? With all the "fun stuff" taken away, forced to create your own games, no tv or movies, no driving to friends, no cookies at nana's today, as they stopped by on a bike ride, and it was more fun because of all the things they did.

Seeing my son read thru about 6 books in less than 2 days, Archie non the less, but I could care less, he's reading a book!

I have decided that we'll end the week tonight and surprise the kids with homemade pizza, but still no tv till later. Odd thing is when I told them we were only going to watch dvds, no mindless tv, and that their dish schedule would continue, they seemed ok with it. Mercy commented it made sense as it seemed to work smoothly. all week with no dishwasher and them doing most of the dishes was kind of cool.

I will say that this AM i went out with my LTG and while they selfishly ate their bacon and eggs, hashbrowns and toast, I had my rye toast with butter...Larry was even cold enough to say "can I eat your jam" Cold ole farmer... (this may make up for my eating a cookie or two at my moms this afternoon) Not sure if you bloggers know about this new software, but when you put something in brackets on your blog, people can't read them!

I will wrap up this blog and some final thoughts over the weekend, but thanks for following. For the record, this is what happens when your girls have to much time on their hands...in my recollection of childhood, he'll be haunted by these images his whole life...

No comments:

Post a Comment